Encyclopedia & FAQ's
DIY Frequently Asked Questions / Attic Ladder')">
Folding ladder that pulls down from attic access hole to permit entry.
- 3 sections unfold to rest on floor, then fold back up to store on top of pull-down access door. Generally made of wood or aluminum.
- 90-degree wrap-around hinges allow legs to completely fold up when not in use.
- Different models accommodate different floor-to-ceiling height ranges.
- Steps are usually double riveted for extra durability.
- Generally rated either at 250 lbs. or 300 lbs.