Encyclopedia & FAQ's
DIY Frequently Asked Questions / Awning Window')">
Has a single sash hinged at the top.
- Opens at the bottom with a hand-turned crank.
- More durable than casement windows.
- One type is the basement utility window that is made with a block frame for easy installation in a masonry wall.
- Another type is the ranch unit, which has the window framed in a brick mold for installation in garages, cottages and utility buildings.
- Another type is the hopper window, where the window is hinged at the bottom.