Encyclopedia & FAQ's
DIY Frequently Asked Questions / Benchtop Table Saw')">
Most portable and lightweight table saw.
- Used for ripping wood.
- Has a circular saw blade extending up through a slot on a flat table. Motor and drive mechanism are located under the table.
- Blade can be raised, lowered or tilted depending on the cut needed.
- Power of the saw’s motor determines the thickness of material that can be cut and how efficiently the saw will perform.
- To operate, the material is fed onto the blade, unlike the miter saw where the blade moves across the material.
- The rip fence mounts on the table and adjusts to guide the material being cut.
- A common accessory is a miter gauge that allows angled cuts.
- Most models use a 10” saw blade.