Encyclopedia & FAQ's
DIY Frequently Asked Questions / Broadcast Spreader')">
Also called a rotary spreader.
- Quick, efficient way to spread seed, fertilizer, weed and pest control or ice melt.
- Has a hopper on a metal cart. The broadcast platform turns as the wheels move across the yard.
- Used for larger lawns.
- Feathers the spread of seed, eliminating sharply defined edges of spread.
- Best for use in lawns that do not have flower beds or gardens in the middle, since it spreads material in all directions.
- Includes flow setting to adjust for all sizes of seed and granules.
- Hopper capacity varies with model.