Encyclopedia & FAQ's
DIY Frequently Asked Questions / Circuit Breaker')">
Two styles are available: Push button (less common) and toggle.
- Breakers can be single, double or thin.
- Contains a bi-metal strip that breaks the circuit when a current exceeds a predetermined rating.
- A breaker indicates a broken circuit when the switch is in the mid-point, or tripped, position.
- Reset the circuit breaker after correcting the overload problem. Switch it to the off position, then to the on position.
- Another type of circuit breaker is a screw-in type that looks similar to a fuse, but has a button on the top. The button pops out when the circuit is broken.