Encyclopedia & FAQ's
DIY Frequently Asked Questions / Compression Sprayer')">
Most popular type of sprayer.
- Also known as a pump sprayer or pressure sprayer.
- When the sprayer is pumped, air pressure builds in the tank and forces the spray material through the hose, valve, wand and nozzle.
- The nozzle adjusts spray pattern and the wand facilitates spraying under leaves and other hard-to-reach places.
- Can be carried by hand, over the shoulder or mounted on a caddy.
- Do not use galvanized steel sprayers for strong acidic solutions.
- Plastic sprayers resist corrosion, are lightweight and easy to handle.
- Typically available in 1- to 5-gallon capacities.