Encyclopedia & FAQ's
DIY Frequently Asked Questions / Laminated Veneer Lumber')">
Known as LVL.
- Engineered to span longer distances and support heavier loads than ordinary lumber.
- Common applications include headers, beams, columns and posts.
- Made from veneers glued up to 1-3/4” thick, then sawed to the required size.
- Beams range from 5-1/2” to 18” deep, in lengths up to 66”.
- Will not shrink, twist or split like ordinary dimension lumber.
- This type of lumber may cup when exposed to wetting on one side.