DIY Frequently Asked Questions / Linemen’s Pliers')"> • Also called electrician’s pliers. Used by professionals engaged in electrical, communications and construction work.
• Used for cutting, holding, shaping and twisting wire.
• Heavy-duty, side-cutting pliers designed for all regular wire-cutting needs.
• Have gripping jaws in addition to cutting edges.
• High-leverage lineman’s pliers have rivet placed closer to the cutting edges to provide more leverage.
• Two head patterns are available: standard (bevel nose) and round nose, which is more streamlined.
• Sizes range from 6-1/4” to 9-1/4”.