DIY Frequently Asked Questions / Nail Hammer')">
- Used for general carpentry, household chores and nail pulling.
- Should be used only with non-hardened, common or finishing nails.
- Curved claw offers leverage in removing nails and can also cradle a 2×4.
- Choose 16 or 20 oz. weights for general carpentry; choose 7, 10 and 13 oz. weights for fine cabinetry or light-duty driving.
- Available with smooth or waffled (serrated) faces. Milled face is for finishing jobs while waffled face provides more control when hammering large nails into lumber. Some claw hammers feature a side notch on the head for easier pulling of small nails and fasteners.