Encyclopedia & FAQ's
DIY Frequently Asked Questions / Nailer')">
Available in different types according to the type of application, such as roofing, drywall, concrete, finish and framing.
- Framing nailers can use stick nails or coil nails. Nail sizes range from 1-1/2” to 3-1/2”.
- Roofing nailers can be used to fasten asphalt and fiberglass shingles, siding or insulation board.
- Finish nailers can be used to install molding, trim, paneling, door and window casings and cabinets.
- Brad nailers are for firing brads, which is a tapered nail with a small head or a slight side projection instead of a head. They range in size from 5/8” to 2”.
- Palm nailers are for work in tight spaces. Instead of firing nails, it operates like a pneumatic hammer to drive conventional nails with a repetitive series of blows.
- Available in pneumatic, electric and cordless versions.