Encyclopedia & FAQ's
DIY Frequently Asked Questions / Oscillating Sprinklers')">
Sprays multiple streams of water out of openings in a spray tube that oscillates back and forth, watering a rectangular pattern.
- Used for watering medium to large areas.
- Traditional designs use curved aluminum tubes.
- Other designs use corrosion-free, molded straight tubes with jets set at progressive angles.
- Pattern adjustments are usually full sweep, left, right or center.
- Place more water at the end of the spray pattern than in the middle.
- Some models have built-in timers for automatic shutoff.