Encyclopedia & FAQ's
DIY Frequently Asked Questions / Step Ladder')">
A self-supporting device used for climbing that consists of two rectangular frames hinged at the top with one side containing the rungs for climbing.
- Non-adjustable in length and folds closed for storage.
- Available in increments from 2’ to 12’ in height.
- Steps are flat and riveted and are generally 3” or more in width.
- Most models include a top plastic platform on top for storing tools or loose fasteners.
- Available in wood, fiberglass and aluminum construction in various duty (weight) ratings, with fiberglass considered the best construction of the three.
- Quality classifications include consumer (household), commercial (mechanic) and industrial grades