Encyclopedia & FAQ's
DIY Frequently Asked Questions / Synthetic Rubber Caulk')">
A relative newcomer to the caulk category, synthetic rubber caulk is perhaps the most flexible product on the market.
- Cures clear and is ideal for exterior joints that typically expand and contract.
- Can be applied in adverse weather conditions (wet and cold).
- Stretches easily without breaking and recovers easily.
- Great for use on roofs, wood siding and joints that frequently show movement.
- Can be painted with latex paint.
- Due to higher VOC content, can’t be used indoors in some parts of the country, although manufacturers have introduced low VOC formulations to the marketplace.