Encyclopedia & FAQ's
DIY Frequently Asked Questions / Vented Gas Log')">
Requires a venting system and a smoke dome or chimney, installed on the roof.
- Operate at a range of 60,000 to 90,000 BTUs and loose heat as they require the chimney damper to be open.
- Made of high-temperature, heat-resistant ceramic or cement in a variety of finishes.
- Place directly on the fire grate or lay on a flame pan covered with a bed of volcanic granules for a more realistic looking fire.
- Requires no electricity to operate.
- Fits into fireplaces with a gas hookup and can be installed into any UL-listed, solid fuel burning fireplace.