Encyclopedia & FAQ's
DIY Frequently Asked Questions / Weed Trimmer')">
Used for trimming weeds where lawn mowers cannot reach.
- Comes in electric and gas-powered versions.
- Some gasoline models have a two-cycle engine, which uses a blend of two-cycle oil and gasoline in the gas tank. Gasoline models with a four-cycle engine do not require mixed gasoline.
- D-handles are usually adjustable and allow for left- or right-handed use.
- A strong monofilament nylon line serves as the cutting blade. Cutting path is typically 17”.
- Straight shaft trimmers allow for easy trimming under shrubs and branches. Curved shaft trimmers are easier for trimming along sidewalks, etc.
- Some models have a head that can twist and convert the tool into an edger.