“Slap some duct tape on it,” has been the slogan of many DIYers and weekend warriors. From securing the Christmas tree in its stand to holding up holiday lights, the versatility of duct tape is endless and now the unlimited powers of duct tape are coming to the rescue once again. This holiday season, when your kids have played their favorite video games, ridden their bikes around the block five times, and inevitably come to you with the gut-wrenching yet familiar cry of “I’m bored,” don’t panic. Just pack them into the car, drive them to the local hardware store, purchase a stack of duct tape, and set them to work creating these fun crafts that also make great gifts.
• Duct tape
1. Cut 16 11-inch strips of tape.
2. Join eight strips together side by side with edges slightly overlapping to create a sheet of tape. Turn sheet over so sticky side is up.
3. Attach remaining eight strips sticky-side down o sticky side of sheet. Trim edges. You should now have a sheet that is smooth on both sides with no sticky areas exposed.
4. Fold sheet up along short side, leaving 2-inch flap at top.
5. Fold 2-inch flap down over front of handbag.
6. Cut two 4-inch strips of tape. Use these strips to seal sides of handbag. Trim extra tape.
7. Cut 1-inch piece of tape. Roll it up, sticky-side out, to create loop of tape. Stick loop under flap to hold handbag closed.
8. To make strap, cut 18-inch strip of tape. Fold strip onto itself along short side. Attach strap on interior of both sides of handbag with tape.
For more information on fun projects and activities for kids, click here to visit the official Jack and Jill® Magazine website.