Encyclopedia & FAQ's
DIY Frequently Asked Questions / Silicone Caulk')">
Is good for use around bathtubs and sinks because it resists mold and mildew.
- It is water resistant and provides excellent adhesion to smooth surfaces, such as metal, glass and tile, but it does not adhere to masonry.
- Remains flexible after curing and is not affected by UV radiation.
- Paint will also not stick to most silicones and it is difficult to apply.
- Does not adhere well to wood.
- Non toxic.
- Can be applied at nearly any temperature.
- Must be cleaned up with solvents.