Encyclopedia & FAQ's
DIY Frequently Asked Questions / Ceiling Fan')">
Creates a gentle indoor breeze and supports heating and air conditioning systems by using less energy than a 100-watt light bulb requires.
- Typical sizes are 36”, 42”, 48” and 52”, and some industrial models are as large as 56” to 72”.
- Many models combine the fan with a light fixture.
- Most ceiling fans have variable speed controls.
- Standard mounting kits are available for ceilings as low as 8’ and close to-the-ceiling models can be used on 7’-6” high ceilings.
- Blades may be real wood, metal or plastic.
- Heavy-material motor housings will aid fan efficiency as the additional mass gains more momentum, reducing the energy necessary to keep the fan in motion.