Encyclopedia & FAQ's
DIY Frequently Asked Questions / Furniture Glide')">
Allows furniture to move easily along the floor. Also protects floor from scuffing.
- The three-prong type is hammered into the legs of light furniture. It is easy to install and easy to remove.
- The cushion type is for heavier use and is mounted by hammering into the furniture leg.
- A cushion glide for caster holes is the best type for heavy furniture. Here, the socket replaces normal stem-type casters.
- Some glides have a tilting stem with a 40° range of movement. These glides are made for furniture with angled legs so that the base of the glide sits flat on the floor.
- Other types of glides include rubber leg tips and heavy-duty, self-adhesive nylon or felt pads.