Encyclopedia & FAQ's
DIY Frequently Asked Questions / Tubing Cutter')">
Primarily used to cut copper pipe.
- Easier to use than an ordinary hacksaw, and it makes a cleaner cut.
- Has a single cutting wheel and two rollers that make smooth right-angle cuts.
- Some have a triangular blade-type reamer that folds out of the way when not in use.
- Sized to cut material with outside diameters ranging from 1/8″ through 4-1/2″.
- Major points of wear are rollers, wheels and pins on which they are mounted. When cutter wheels are worn out, they should be replaced; sharpening them is not advisable.
- Separate cutting wheels for plastic pipe are also available.